Nature: our source of ingredients
Yon-Ka draws on our 60+ years of pioneering expertise in phyto-aromatic skincare to formulate innovative active ingredients with proven efficacy using essential oils, plant extracts, and fruits. Our professional 100% Française skincare brand offers products that can be used in place of or to complement medical aesthetic techniques for visible, lasting results that don’t aggravate skin. The core of Yon-Ka products is formed bya combination of four plant sciences:
- Aromatherapy: uses essential oils extracted from plants for their antiseptic, anti-inflammatory, healing, and regenerating properties.
- Aromachology: focuses on the science of odour-related phenomena that influence behaviour, including psychological and physiological effects (such as sleep patterns, stress, etc.).
- Phytotherapy: uses plants and plant extracts to treat various conditions (using active ingredients from fresh or dried plants, including carbohydrates, peptides, polyphenols, fruit acids, trace elements, and vitamins).
- Gemmotherapy: uses young shoots, buds, and rootlets for therapeutic purposes (leveraging the power of embryonic cells to jump-start cell metabolism).
To extract these essences, a team of experienced scientists manages and traces products from formulation to distribution.
From root to seed, Yon-Ka uses over 130 land and sea plants from all over the world, sourced from renewable and preferably organic resources, and achieves the perfect alliance between the essential oil, charged with solar energy, and all the other constituents of the plant.
Specifically adapted to different skin problems - impurities, dehydration, redness, wrinkles, etc. - these natural active ingredients provide an effective, targeted response for every skin type and every age.
Carefully selected and tested ingredients
All the raw materials used in our formulas are rigorously selected, analysed and controlled by our Laboratories to guarantee the purest active ingredients and maximum safety.
Some of our 80 face, body and suncare products contain over 95% of ingredients of natural origin; the average is 92%. These ingredients are 100% gluten-free and give priority to certified organic active ingredients and vegan formulas.
In accordance with European regulations, our products are not tested on animals and comply with a strict formulation charter which excludes Parabens, Methylisothiazolinone (MIT), Aluminium salts, Butylhydroxyanisole (BHA), Sodium Lauryl Sulfate (SLS), Phthalates, Triclosan, GMOs and known endocrine disruptors*.
*According to the WHO definition and with reference to the ECHA list (European Chemicals Agency).
Yon-Ka Quintessence: an exclusive synergy of 5 essential oils
Yon-Ka products make use of major discovery: la Quintessence,an exclusive complex of five essential oils (lavender, geranium, rosemary, cypress, and thyme) that are 100% natural, 100% pure, and 100% active. Quintessence is the scientific foundation on which Cécile, Ernest and Charles Mühlethaler established the brand in 1954.
A true Yon-Ka treasure, this active synergycombines dermatological efficacy with olfactory and aromachology benefits to support each person’soverall well-being and balance at every stage of life. This is Yon-Ka’s signature ingredient, included in 100% of our professional treatments and more than 60% of our at-home products.
Used in varying concentrations, this exclusive complex contributes to the effectiveness of all Yon-Ka products. Always pre-dosed for complete safety and optimum results, it complements the actions of the associated active ingredients. This is Yon-Ka’s signature ingredient, included in 100% of our professional treatments and 70% of our at-home products.
Yon-Ka Quintessence is often paired with other specific active ingredients like hyaluronic acid, vitamin C or fruit acids (AHAs). Yon-Ka Quintessence gives your skin a veritable skincare infusion for a gentler alternative to invasive aesthetic procedures..
These are the five essential oils:
- Lavender essential oil (Lavandula angustifolia): : Also called English lavender, this plant is appreciated for its light, floral fragrance. It’s also highly valued in the world of aromatherapy for its many benefits. Lavender essential oil is rich in antioxidants, making it ideal for skin that must endure daily external aggressors like pollution, sun, tobacco and more. Its soothing, regenerating, and anti-inflammatory properties make it an effective weapon for people with blemish-prone, sensitive or reacting skin, as well as a tool that fights skin ageing. Its distinctive fragrance helps calm anxiety, depression, and even insomnia thanks to soothing and calming properties.
- Geranium essential oil (Pelargonium graveolens): Especially appreciated for its anti-ageing and purifying properties, geranium essential oil tones, protects, and rebalances skin. It gives skin an infusion of youthfulness. Wrinkles, skin sagging, and blemishes become nothing more than a bad memory. It’s the solution for oily, dehydrated or sensitive skin and anyone whose skin is ageing. It brings back suppleness to tired skin, radiance to dull skin, and comfort to inflamed skin. Geranium essential oil is also a powerful natural remedy that improves your mental and cognitive functions to give you an instant feeling of well-being. It also has impressive results on skin blemishes and pain when applied as a spot treatment.
- Rosemary essential oil (Rosmarinus officinalis):Rosemary essential oil is mainly known for its detoxifying, antiseptic, and firming properties. This essential oil will be especially effective at removing microcysts or milia from your skin. It’s also an excellent solution for sagging skin because it acts as an invigorating ingredient that drains skin and stops the loss of skin tone. It also promotes blood circulation, strengthens the immune system, and reduces stress.
- Cypress essential oil (Cupressus sempervirens):Cypress essential oil is especially appreciated for its refining properties and its effect on the lymphatic system, which also allows it to reduce cellulite and water retention problems. This is your solution for so-called orange-peel skin, heavy legs, and skin that’s losing tone. Its detoxifying properties work effectively on dull skin and oily skin with blemishes thanks to its astringent properties, and on skin that is ageing. Cypress essential oil is also known for its ability to heal wounds, regulate bleeding, strengthen the respiratory system, and calm the mind.
- Thyme essential oil (Thymus officinalis):Thyme essential oil is highly purifying, stimulating and antiseptic. With its purifying, cleansing, and soothing properties, it’s a solution for skin with impurities, skin with blemishes and scars, as well as people with rosacea. This is the perfect essential oil to gently treat ENT and bronchial tube ailments because it helps clear the respiratory tract and soothe coughing fits. It also boosts the body’s energy.